Brian J. Churchwell
Brian J. Churchwell
PE, CFEI, CFI, Haag Certified Roof Inspector
With over ten years of experience in fire investigation and his highly accomplished expertise in electrical engineering, Brian Churchwell is an invaluable asset to our team. With his knowledge and background, Brian primarily focuses on applying electrical engineering principles to the forensic analysis of fire and explosion investigations as well as product failure analysis, evaluation of the operation of electrical systems and products, analysis of manufacturer’s warnings and instructions, electrical codes and standards, and the actions of the utility company’s installation and equipment users. Likewise, he has played an integral role in the critical areas of subrogation and liability defense in countless cases and has provided expert testimony in municipal, state and federal courts of law.
Brian graduated with distinction from Ohio Northern University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering. Upon graduating he attended the University of Akron in the Fire Protection Technology program to gain expertise in fire principles.
Brian is a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) through the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) and a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) through the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI). He obtained his certification as a Professional Engineer in January 2006. Most recently, Brian became a Haag Certified Roof Inspector in September 2008.
Brian is also a member of the:
• National Society of Professional Engineers
• Ohio Society of Professional Engineers
• Order of the Engineer
• Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
• National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators (NSPII)
• November 2008 – Elected to Board of Directors
• Chair of the Nominating Committee
• Chair of the Membership Committee
• Member of the Three Year Planning Committee
• International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI)
• August 2007—Member of Special Projects committee
• August 2008—Elected to Board of Directors position
• National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
• National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)